Photo: faulty phone charger kills family of five


three children, their aunt and grandmother died in the same fire incident at the house in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, UK.

Three children, their aunt and grandmother died in the same fire incident
Five people, including seven-year-old Amaan Parwaiz Kayani, his nine-week-old sister Minahil, nine-year-old brother Adyan, grandmother Shabina Begum, 53, and 20-year- old aunt Anum Parwaiz, died in a fatal fire started by a faulty mobile phone charger.

Firefighters suggest that the fire started in the living room shortly after the family went to bed Family member Sadaf Parwaiz, whose phone charge became the reason of fire said: “I saw a sparkle at first near the sofa where the electrical things were. I tried to put it out with a cushion and then called mum, who went to the kitchen to get some water. The fire was producing a lot of smoke. It got to the electric equipment and caused an explosion then all the lights went out.”

His Mobile Phone
Grandmother Shabina Begum, 53, and 20-year- old aunt Anum Parwaiz, also died in a fatal fire Firefighters suggest that the fire started in the
living room shortly after the family went to bed and they did not have an opportunity to escape from the house. They described it as the “most severe, hottest and most difficult atmosphere they’ve worked in.” Temperatures at the fire epicenter are believed
to exceed 1,000C! The incident investigation continues.

Please, be very careful with your phone chargers, don’t leave them unattened!


The late grandma

5 Replies to “Photo: faulty phone charger kills family of five”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.